Enjoy winter in Sydney on a short mid-year break
WINTER in Sydney is a hot prospect.
Analysis of 2012 hotel bookings from lastminute.com.au reveals that despite business travel being in full swing, June and July offered the lowest average hotel room-night costs.
A four-to-five star hotel averaged $201 per night in July and $212 in June, compared with $256 in March and November last year.
lastminute.com.au has teamed up with Destination NSW to offering flight, activity and restaurant deals across the city.
Destination NSW CEO Sandra Chipchase said that from blockbuster sporting events including two State of Originsand the British and Irish Lions Tour to the Sydney Moderns, Vivid and Sydney Film Festival, the NSW capital was delivering great winter warmers.
Top five hotel deals in Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza - from $204 per night (minimum two- night stay): Stay two nights in a premier room with free internet and health club.
- 5-star Sydney CBD Secret Hotel - from $172 per night: Add some extra fun with this hot secret hotel.
- BLUE Sydney, a Taj Hotel - from $252 per night: Superior king room with views over Woolloomooloo.
- Quest Potts Point - from $150 per night (minimum two- night stay): Receive free in-room movie package.
- Park8 Boutique Hotel Sydney - from $225 per room per night: Bed and breakfast deal for two in a deluxe room, as well as a Di Bella coffee, light breakfast and newspaper.