What's on in Ipswich this weekend
Are you being served?
- Saturday, May 26, Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2 at Old Courthouse, corner of East and Roderick Streets, Ipswich.
THE Ipswich Musical Theatre Company presents this show and a three-course meal as a fun night out for Ipswich residents.
The BBC television comedy has been adapted for the stage by its original creators.
It is directed by William McCreery-Rye, who directed the popular IMTC dinner theatre show, The Vicar of Dibley in 2016.
Tickets are $50 per person, or $45 for groups of eight or more.
Log onto ipswichmusicaltheatrecompany.com.au to book.
Friends of the Library book sale
- Saturday, from 9-11.30am at the Ipswich Central Library courtyard.
DROP into the library and see what bargains you can find. Grab a bag from the Ipswich Library and fill it for $5. Cash sales only.
The Handmade Expo
- Saturday, from 8am-1pm at the Ipswich Turf Club
THE markets feature an array of makers, bakers, creators and growers. Find your next bargain here this Saturday.
Introduction to weaving workshop
- Saturday, The Art and Craft Cottage, Shop 2, West St, Ipswich
Learn weaving on the Rigid Heddle Loom. All materials supplied including a 25cm Ashford Sampleit loom, perfect for beginners. Learn how to put a loom together, warp a loom and weave a gorgeous scarf. Bookings essential. 9.30am-1pm. $245
Outback Divas at Goodna Services
- Saturday, 112 Brisbane Terrace, Goodna Club
Following in the tradition of Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Les Girls, enjoy a night with the Outback Divas. This is an 18+ show.
Doors open 6.30pm, shows 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. Cost $10
Ipswich City Bulls Golf fundraiser
- Sunday, May 27 at Sandy Gallop Golf Course
PLAY a round of golf while raising money for a good cause.
Four person ambrose, $30 per player.
There will be prizes for the nearest pin and the longest drives, as well as a free barbecue and drinks. Registration opens at 10.30am, with a noon shot gun start. Email email@example.com
Lockyer Multicultural Festival
- Sunday, May 27 from 10am-4pm at Gatton Shire Hall and Centenary Gardens, North St, Gatton
A SHOWCASE of culture, food and information awaits visitors this weekend with live entertainment, kids' activities, a jumping castle, drumming workshop, market stalls and more.
Pug Play Date
- Sunday, Shop 226 Orion Springfield Central, 1 Main St, Springfield Central
Join Bad Wolf Boutique at Springfield Central for a social pugs event. A great day out for dog and owner. From 2pm-4pm.
- Sunday, Brothers Leagues Club, Wildey St. Raceview
Enjoy hits from the '70s through to today. Fabio Tolli specialises in taking audiences on a musical journey with his clever delivery of vocals and music. Time 2pm.
Raceview Congregational Kindergarten 50th
- Sunday, 117 Wildey St, Raceview
Celebrate 50 years of Raceview Congregational Kindergarten.
A church service will be held at 10am followed by celebrations in the kindy yard.
Memorabilia will be on display and there will be free cake, tea and coffee, a sausage sizzle and the kindy will be open for play.
From 10am church service, 11.30am-3pm in the kindy yard.