MONSTER Slide New Zealand has walked away from its elaborate plans to bring a giant, 220 metre slide to a street in Caloundra.
The event planned for May was postponed at the last minute to September, leaving many frustrated ticket holders looking for refunds.
Sunshine Coast Council has now received word it is not going to happen at all.
"The council has received confirmation from the organiser they no longer wish to proceed with the event on the Sunshine Coast," a spokeswoman said.
The company applied to the council for a permit to introduce the popular wet and slippery craze to the region in January.
And as soon as the word was out, many went online to buy tickets with hundreds more eagerly anticipating its arrival.
Its online registration database quickly grew to 5000 Sunshine Coast fans.
But it wasn't long before information leaked through about problems.
Organisers were criticised by some who waited in a line for up to three hours at a Christchurch event in May.
Concerns about safety were also raised.
However a spokesperson told the Daily they had "learnt from their mistakes".
Two weeks later and the Caloundra event, planned for the weekend of May 16, was scrapped at short notice.
Monster Slide blamed cold weather had forced it to move the event to September 12 and 13.
The Office of Fair Trading announced it was investigating in June as many ticket holders, including Currimundi's Joe Skok, were still waiting for refunds.
Mr Skok told the Daily he had received a refund earlier this week.
An OFT spokesman also said the claims were resolved. Monster Slide has not returned the Daily's request for comment.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.