Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable


A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.

Topics:  apple editors picks iphone technology

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Best-selling sci-fi author to visit Springfield

Best-selling sci-fi and fantasy author, Kylie Chan is coming to BOOK FACE Orion.

Science fiction meets ancient Eastern mythology

Ipswich man in court over 'childish' egging comments

Using cracked or dirty eggs can lead to salmonellosis food poisoning.

He was accused of egging a house on social media

OP1 graduate ecstatic with score

Clarissa Adamovics received an OP1 after graduating from Redbank Plains State High School in 2017.

Clarissa Adamovics happy to study nursing at UQ.

Local Partners