Police search River Rd, Midgee, for clues missing duo case
1.45pm: THE homicide investigation looking into the disappearance of Robert Martinez and Chantal Barnett continued today, with searches conducted in Midgee.
Police and SES crews began searching the area around River Rd at 8am and are expected to spend all day in the area.
Detective Senior Sergeant Scott Moon said they are looking for any evidence which may lead them to the location of the missing couple.
"There's been many challenges in this investigation," he said.
"We're confident that we're moving in the right direction."
1.10pm: THE search for clues in the case of missing duo Robert Martinez and Chantal Barnett continues in bushland near Fitzroy River today.
The case, which has been dubbed a double homicide case for some time now, has received spotlight, featuring on Wanted.
Police are scouring bushland along the Fitzroy River, southeast of the city, for any signs of Barnett, 27, and Martinez, 26 from Rockhampton.
They were last seen alive in the Rockhampton/Yeppoon area in late February or early March.
The latest search by police and the State Emergency Service along the Fitzroy River adjacent to River Road, Midgee, follows "specific information received by police", a police spokesman said.
- Chantal last seen by her sister on February 28
- Robert's mother, Julie, said the last time she saw her son was when he left her home on March 1
- She makes her last call to her sister - March 2
- Robert's car was found at Gavial Creek on March 17
- Police appeal for help to locate missing duo for first time through media on March 21/22
- Chantal's family make desperate plea - March 23
- Robert's family appeal for help - March 28
- Emergency services are carrying out a search in the Mt Jim Crow and Gavial Creek areas and find Robert's wallet April 3
- Police search house in Birdwood Avenue, Yeppoon, April 6
- Police search Parkhurst caravan park May 8
- Search at Mt Archer May 21
- Search in Music Bowl on Yaamba Rd, Parkhurst, area May 24
- Search of Pink Lily Lagoon June 5
- Search Mount Morgan June 15 with diving squad
- Second search at Pink Lily Lagoon June 19
- Silver sedan has been seized in relation to the disappearance of Chantal Barnett and Robert Martinez on June 20. The vehicle caught the attention of police after it was spotted suspiously in the area as authorities searched Mount Morgan bushland.
- Search of unit in Tomkys St, Berserker, August 26
- Case appears on Wanted on September 9
- Case upgraded from missing to double homicide on September 10
- Search of Byfield area September 18 where two items of women's clothing was located, matching descriptions of what Chantal owned
- More items located during a search of the Ski Gardens. Police did not disclose what those items were
- A human remains detection dog used in search for duo's bodies in search at Port Curtis (outside Rockhampton)
- Today - searching bushland along Fitzroy River