One in hospital for smoke inhalation

A person is in hospital after suffering smoke inhalation from a shed fire at Eastern Heights overnight.

Emergency crews were called to the private residence shortly after 2am this morning.

Firefighters located and extinguished a small fire in the back of the shed at the Vivian St address.

The patient received treatment on site before being transported to Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.

Topics:  eastern heights shed fire

Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

Ipswich man in court over 'childish' egging comments

Using cracked or dirty eggs can lead to salmonellosis food poisoning.

He was accused of egging a house on social media

OP1 graduate ecstatic with score

Clarissa Adamovics received an OP1 after graduating from Redbank Plains State High School in 2017.

Clarissa Adamovics happy to study nursing at UQ.

Regional residents join refugee fight

Hundreds of people from Tweed, Lismore, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Ipswich will travel to Brisbane for a refugee and asylum seeker forum hosted by the ASRC, Amnesty International, Oxfam Australia and Mums 4 Refugees.

'People are really troubled by the harsh way that we treat refugees'

Local Partners