Police arrest man after alleged violent Maryborough assault

A 26-YEAR-old man will remain behind bars until he faces court on Tuesday following the alleged violent robbery of another man in Maryborough.

Police initially reported three men had viciously assaulted a 25-year-old man on John St about 1am on Friday.

A police spokesman has since clarified and said that following investigations just one Maryborough man had been charged in relation to the assault.

He will front court on one count of robbery with violence and two counts of common assault.

The spokesman said police, called to the disturbance on John St, found a 25-year-old man with a head injury and cuts and scratches on his body.

Police said the man's mobile phone had been stolen.

He was later treated at the Hervey Bay Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.

The 26-year-old who was remanded in custody is due to appear in the Hervey Bay Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

Anyone with information on the case can contact Crime Stoppers anonymously on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au.


Brilliant Broncos storm into NRLW grand final

Brilliant Broncos storm into NRLW grand final

The Brisbane Broncos defeated the Warriors to make 3 for 3

Man watches in horror as bull tramples, kills father

Man watches in horror as bull tramples, kills father

Man charged by bull on Scenic Rim property

UPDATE: Fire sweeps through estimated 3000 hectares

UPDATE: Fire sweeps through estimated 3000 hectares

The fire is still burning, now hitting an estimated 3000 hectares

Local Partners