Man dies after being served detergent instead of wine

A MAN has died after he asked for a glass of white wine in a cafe and was accidentally served dishwasher detergent.

According to local paper El Periódico Mediterraneo, Spanish Police are investigating and the café owner has been arrested.

Andres Lorente, 50, felt a burning sensation after drinking the glass of what he thought was wine on Sunday afternoon at Bar Raconet in the Spanish region of Castellón.

Medical staff rushed to the scene to attempt to resuscitate him.

However, the divorced father of two died from major internal burns in Comarcal de Vinaròs Hospital.

According to Spanish news source The Local Es, the lethal liquid "had been stored in an empty bottle of wine and mistakenly been put in the fridge by a member of staff."


Thousands to boycott petrol stations in national fuel strike

Thousands to boycott petrol stations in national fuel strike

Excise and taxes account for more than 30 percent of cost at the bowser

DOGGONE IT: The trick you could be missing in your business

DOGGONE IT: The trick you could be missing in your business

How one model is boosting revenue by up to 30 percent

Pizza Hut to give away free pizzas

Pizza Hut to give away free pizzas

When and where to get yours

Local Partners