Logan house fire sparked by candles after power cut off

A LARGE family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home had been using candles to light the dining room because the power was cut off.

Firefighters believe candles sparked the fire that tore through the two-storey home in Mawarra Street, Kingston, while the Naanan family was out for a drive on Monday night.

Electricity retailer AGL has since promised to provide temporary accommodation for the family of eight, with another on the way.

A family member told Logan House Fire Support Network founder Louie Naumovski the power bill was sent to the wrong address.

AGL released a statement saying "all billing information, including payment reminders and disconnection warning notices" was sent to the address provided.

Read more at Brisbane Times


Slater call ‘insulted’ dead player, says brother

Slater call ‘insulted’ dead player, says brother

'Rugby League is just a game, life is not!!'

Thousands to boycott petrol stations in national fuel strike

Thousands to boycott petrol stations in national fuel strike

Excise and taxes account for more than 30 percent of cost at the bowser

DOGGONE IT: The trick you could be missing in your business

DOGGONE IT: The trick you could be missing in your business

How one model is boosting revenue by up to 30 percent

Local Partners