Girl suffers 'food poisoning' from Woolworths juice box
A GLADSTONE mum-of-two has taken to social media to vent her anger about her daughter having become ill after drinking a juice box containing "green gunk".
Patrice Cornell said on Facebook her two-year-old daughter, Kandace, began vomiting late yesterday morning after she drank part of the contents of the juice box.
"She ended up bringing it back to me and going, 'eww'," she told The Observer. "There was all this green gunk stuff inside."
"She's not holding anything down now. She was perfectly fine yesterday," she said.
"I just want my kid to be better. She's just overly miserable at the moment."
"I'm far from happy."
Mrs Cornell said she raced her daughter to Gladstone Base Hospital, where she was prescribed medication for "first stage food poisoning" by a doctor at the emergency department.
Mrs Cornell said she had booked her daughter in for a doctor's appointment "just in case" but she then began vomiting.
She said she cut the Woolworths Homebrand box open, finding more of the "green gunk" inside. The use-by date of the juice box is January 2, 2017.
Mrs Cornell said "nothing like this has happened to me before" but she was particularly disappointed when the store told her it wasn't their fault, saying it wasn't made by Woolworths but one of its suppliers.
"This is not really good," she said. "I don't even want to open up any of the other juice boxes now."
"Maybe we just got a bad one. But the fact still stands."
Mrs Cornell said she planned to return the juice boxes to Woolworths this evening but "we'll just stick to the normal fruit from now on I think".
A Woolworths spokesman said: "We take the quality of our products seriously and are investigating this matter so that we can address the concerns of our customer".
Woolworths also said its customer-care department would contact Mrs Cornell.