THE Oaky North coal mine was operating under Queensland Government directives to reduce coal dust levels until earlier this month.
It is the fourth mine known to have been told it had breached dust limits this year.
We reported on Monday that three mines were operating under government directives after they breached maximum coal dust limits.
Glencore's Oaky North project was operating under such directives but they were lifted on July 15 when the mine was able to demonstrate ongoing compliance with maximum dust levels.
The CFMEU said the three mines that still have government directives are Anglo American's Grasstree and Moranbah North mines and Caledon's Cook mine have been issued directives to drop their coal dust levels.
CFMEU district president Steve Smyth said the four mines had been issued government directives to reduce coal dust levels.
Anglo American and Glencore declined to comment. Caledon Resources CEO Peter Trout did not respond to a request for comment.
The four mines represent a third of all Queensland coal mines.
A Department of Natural Resources and Mines spokesman confirmed four mines had had directives to reduce coal dust levels but legally could not name them.
"Provisions under coal mining safety and health legislation restrict the public disclosure of actions taken by Mines Inspectors, including the content of directives to reduce dust exposure. The Department of Natural Resources and Mines is working with industry and unions to develop regulatory changes that will deliver more transparent reporting of coal dust monitoring results," the spokesman said. - ARM NEWSDESK
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.