UPDATE: Bushfire ADVICE message for Moore Park Beach (north of Bundaberg) has been CANCELLED
Multiple Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews remain on scene at a bushfire burning near Hannah Court and Isaac Moore Drive, Moore Park Beach (north of Bundaberg).
Crews are working to finalise containment lines around the blaze, which broke out around 10:20am today.
This fire is posing no current threat to property, however a large smoke haze is expected to continue to affect surrounding areas into the evening.
If residents feel their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Earlier: Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is advising:
As at 3.30pm a large bushfire is burning near Hannah Court and Isaac Moore Drive, Moore Park Beach (north of Bundaberg).
Multiple fire crews are working to contain the blaze, which broke out around 10:20am today.
There is no threat to homes at this time, however a large smoke haze is affecting the area.
Residents should consider taking precautionary measures including:
• Putting on protective clothing;
• Drinking lots of water;
• Moving car/s to a safe location;
• Closing windows and doors and shutting blinds;
• Bringing pets inside, restraining them (leash, cage or secure room) and providing water;
• Wetting down fine fuels close to buildings;
• Removing garden furniture, doormats and other items;
• Sealing all gaps under doors and screens;
• Filling containers with water - eg bath, sinks, buckets, wheelie bins;
• Having ladders ready for roof space access (inside) and against roof (outside);
• Having a generator or petrol powered pump ready; and
• Checking and patrolling outside for embers, extinguishing any spot fires and seeking shelter as the fire front arrives.
Residents are advised to call Triple Zero (000) if they believe their property comes under threat.
Regular updated information will be provided on the Rural Fire Service Queensland (RFSQ) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or listen to local radio.
For information on current bushfire incidents visit http://www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map.html.
Background: there are three levels of bushfire warning:
Advice: Monitor conditions and review your bushfire survival plan.
Watch and Act: Conditions are changing. Start taking action and follow your bushfire survival plan.
Emergency Warning: You are in danger. Act on your bushfire survival plan now.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews are currently on scene at a large bushfire burning near Gorlicks Road and Pennys Lane, Branyan (west Bundaberg), with more crews en route.
Crews are working to contain the blaze which broke out around 2pm today.
A large smoke haze is affecting surrounding residential areas and a section of the Isis Highway.
Residents are advised to close windows and doors and keep medication on hand if suffering from a respiratory illness.
Motorists are advised to slow down and drive to conditions as smoke may affect visibility on the road.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.