Firefighters securing the building.
Firefighters securing the building.

BREAKING: Staff evacuated after fire in council chambers

 A FIRE on a stove in a staff kitchen has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.

Fire crews are on site and the blaze has been extinguished.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and staff are gathered outside the building until it's safe to return to work.

A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick.
A fire has forced the evacuation of the Southern Downs Regional Council chambers in Warwick. Jayden Brown

Friend to foe: Barty sinks US Open partner

Friend to foe: Barty sinks US Open partner

Ash Barty produces serving masterclass to down doubles partner

The building trend hurting our tradies

The building trend hurting our tradies

Serious risks identified ahead of immediate ban

5 people, including child, in hospital after Range crash

5 people, including child, in hospital after Range crash

East-bound lanes of Warrego Highway impacted after crash

Local Partners