News

Book in your road works

WORK ON THE WAY: Councillor Damien Tessmann is confident in the new system that allows South Burnett residents to lodge their road concerns.
WORK ON THE WAY: Councillor Damien Tessmann is confident in the new system that allows South Burnett residents to lodge their road concerns. Jordan Philp

RESIDENTS are no longer on the road to nowhere.

Thanks to a new scheduling system, residents can now alert South Burnett Regional Council to roads that need fixing.

The new system, dubbed Ralph, allows residents to submit their request for road works and receive an estimated time frame of when it will be attended to.

And the council has seen a surge of South Burnett residents taking advantage of the system.

Councillor Damien Tessmann said the increased usage of the Ralph system was testament that it worked.

"The system is based off a fella named Ralph who came up with the idea and who personally processes the inquiries," he said.

"It is great to be able to give ratepayers a timeline of when attention will be given to their road.

"Ralph is a pretty big step in comparison to previous councils keeping ratepayers in the dark about their roads."

The council's 2012/2013 budget also saw a significant increase in funds for roads.

About $70 million will be spent on local road networks this financial year, eclipsing the $18 million from last year.

"We know that roads are our biggest priority but we cannot have unreal expectations that everyone's road will be up to everyone's expectations," Cr Tessmann said.

"Roads are always number one to us and we're always committed to building better roads for the future."

If you want to submit a road for attention you can call the South Burnett Regional Council on 4189 9100.  

South Burnett

Topics:  council roadworks south burnett


Stay Connected

Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Child safety put me and my kids in danger'

NO SUPPORT: Anne wants others who have experienced what she says is a flawed process in the state's child safety department, to speak out.

Ipswich mum: 'This has taken something from me I'll never get back'

Police hunt duo after taxi driver robbed at knifepoint

The offenders demanded money before fleeing into a nearby park

Facebook crime reports hinder police, 'hurt' community

CALL IT IN: Police are urging people not to use social media to report crimes.

Social media posts can spark unnecessary concern, say police

Local Partners

Jimmy Kimmel opens up about Oscars stuff-up

Academy Awards host Jimmy Kimmel gives his take on the epic Oscars envelope error: “It was the weirdest TV finale since ‘Lost’”

Groom threatens to walk out of Married At First Sight

Andrew is just about done with his “horrible” relationship with Cheryl.

ANOTHER explosive breakup is looming after a disastrous home visit.

'I wasn't naked': Blanca Blanco speaks out

Blanca Blanco arriving at the 89th Academy Awards. Picture: Ian West/PA WireSource:AAP

"It was a nude colour, it matches my skin, so I wasn’t naked.''

‘IT’S A LITTLE SAD’: Trump makes Oscars bungle all about him

US President Donald Trump claims Hollywood's elite were too busy mocking him to pay attention on Oscars night.

Donald Trump ‘explains’ Oscars stuff up.

Lama and Sarah’s ‘epic’ MKR fail

My Kitchen Rules contestants Lama and Sarah.

Tempers flare as Lebanese feast turns into an epic fail.

Oscars 2017: How did biggest award get stuffed up?

Presenter Warren Beatty shows the envelope with the actual winner for best picture as host Jimmy Kimmel, left, looks on at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The winner was originally announced as La La Land, but was later corrected to Moonlight.

'Guys in headsets starting buzzing around. They took the envelope.'

Lisa Curry can't marry her fiance

Lisa Curry breaks down in the jungle.

Lisa Curry says she can’t get married to her fiance

Casino boss loses $4m on waterfront Sunshine Coast home

The owner of this stunning Noosa home accepted much less than he had initially wanted for the home.

When illness struck owner forced to try and cash out of property

Mining homes dive: $600k homes sell for $120k-$300k

18 Yeates Street, Moranbah sold for $135,000 in December, after being repossessed by a bank. The owners bought for $545,000 in August, 2011.

The economy still has two speeds, but with a painful twist

Mackay's property market climbing like a Rocket Man

Renewed confidence in Mackay means more homes are being snapped up by those eager to plant their roots in the region.

There's movement in the real estate sector and it's all positive.

'Why we drove 800km to buy a treehouse with a disco ball'

The new owners have planned a few updates, but will stick with much of the original design.

A couple travelled almost 800km for the home of their dreams.

The trick homeowners are using to buy more properties

Chantelle Subritzky leaves her home each week for Airbnb guests.

Queenslanders are going down this path to help pay their mortgages

Ready to SELL your property?

Post Your Ad Here!