Air conditioner sparks blaze in Ipswich home

UPDATE: Fire crews have managed to control a blaze that broke out in a Walloon home just after 1.40pm on Monday.

All persons are accounted for.

EARLIER: TWO firefighters in breathing apparatus are currently trying to extinguish a blaze that broke out in the front room of a house in Walloon.

Crews were called to 23 Calvin St in Walloon around 1.40pm on Monday.

When they arrived they found a room in the front of the property well alight.

It is believed the fire was started by an air conditioner.

Another crew is en route to help tackle the blaze.


Jobs axed as administrator takes over major fashion brand

premium_icon Jobs axed as administrator takes over major fashion brand

Fashion giant begins identifying stores that will close.

Mum left stunned by shopper’s f-bomb slur

premium_icon Mum left stunned by shopper’s f-bomb slur

Young Ipswich mum shocked by savage verbal attack over kids

Man faces historic child sex charges allegedly groomed boys

premium_icon Man faces historic child sex charges allegedly groomed boys

An man will face court next month on more than 50 child sex offences