5 words you only know if you grew up in Ipswich
ARE you a true Ipswich local?
Do you remember heading to the Top of Town for some hot chips after school? Driving to Rivo to grab some sushi and catch a movie on a Thursday night? Heading to the Metro on a Friday night for a drink with mates?
We've collected our top five words every Ipswich local should know:
1. Rivvo - Riverlink Shopping Centre. The place where everyone goes to meet, particularly busy during late night shopping on a Thursday.
2. The Swich - The only appropriate way to refer to your hometown of Ipswich. Often used by Mayor Paul Pisasale.
3. Top of Town - The wide variety of shops at the top of Brisbane Street. Often home to celebrations, markets and festivals. Another favourite meeting spot for people from The Swich*
4. The Metro - Where locals go for a drink on a Friday night. The Hotel Metropole is one of the most popular nightclubs in Ipswich known for its regular DJs and special guest artists.
5. The Horse - Another popular night life precinct in the city. The Racehorse Hotel often hosts live music, late night DJs and special events.
*refer to #2
What words do you think are common in Ipswich? Share your favourites in the comments below.